A romantic setting is probably the most important ingredient in creating a romantic occasion to remember, and there are several things that make up the perfect romantic setting.
The first thing to consider is the room – is it cosy? Does it offer creature comforts like a Queen or King bed, a spa or bath and a mini bar? Secondly, what sort of facilities does the hotel offer? Is there a restaurant or room service, a swimming pool or spa? And last but not least, what does the area have to offer? Are there good restaurants? Are there romantic walks and pretty countryside? Here at Choice Hotels we put our heads together and came up with our recommendations for the most romantic holidays in Victoria.
Ballarat Romantic Getaways
The town of Ballarat is one of the prettiest towns in Victoria and its gold mining history and vibrant arts community make it an ideal location for a romantic holiday. Made up of several distinct precincts including the Eureka and gold precinct, the arts and heritage precinct and the lake and gardens precinct, Ballarat offers a wide range of activities and experiences for couples to explore.
Her Majesty’s Theatre is one of Australia’s most historic theatres and hosts live theatre regularly including musicals and ballet for the perfect romantic night out. There are several picturesque lakes in the area ideal for romantic strolls and lazy picnics and the local restaurants pride themselves on their excellent food and country hospitality. Choice Hotels has hotels in Ballarat to choose from with a range of different services and facilities to suit all tastes.
- Quality Inn Heritage on Lydiard – a boutique hotel in the city centre.
- Quality Inn the George Hotel Ballarat – only a short walk from Her Majesty’s Theatre and located on historic Lydiard Street.
- Comfort Inn & Suites City Views – contemporary accommodation in Ballarat with some rooms featuring corner spas or spa baths.
- Quality Inn & Suites the Menzies – a luxury Ballarat hotel with spacious, stylish rooms and an on-site Japanese restaurant.
Halls Gap Romantic Getaways
With the majestic Grampians as a back drop, the peace and quiet of the bush and the abundant native wildlife it’s hard to find a more romantic setting. Halls Gap in the winter is the perfect place to cosy up in front of the fire with a cup or hot chocolate (or a glass of red!) and spend some quality time with your partner.
In summer take a walk on one of the Grampians many beautiful walking tracks to a secluded swimming hole or spectacular waterfall and enjoy the solitude and privacy that you can only find away from the city.
Halls Gap is only a small town but there are a few places to have an intimate dinner or pick up some gourmet snacks and find a private clearing to indulge in a romantic picnic.
The Great Ocean Road Romantic Getaways
The incredible beauty of both the coastline and the forest flanking the Great Ocean Road is the penultimate romantic setting. Leisurely drives with stops to admire the scenery, long walks along secluded walkways and sheltered coves with private beaches for swimming are just a few of the romantic pleasures on offer along this world famous stretch of road.
The stunning National Parks are full of majestic tall trees, areas of lush rainforest and myriad native wildlife including a prolific population of koalas nestling lazily in the forks of the towering gums.
Choice Hotels has properties right along the Great Ocean Road which starts at Geelong and ends in Portland. Choose one as a base or take a romantic road trip and stay in a different hotel each night.
- Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong – overlooking the magnificent bay area.
- Comfort Inn The International – 4 star Apollo Bay accommodation featuring a range of accommodation including spa suites.
- Comfort Inn Western – Warrnambool accommodation in the heart of the city.
- Comfort Inn Warrnambool International – a short walk to shops and restaurants.
- Comfort Inn on Raglan – A short drive from the twelve apostles and shipwreck coast.
- You May Also Be Interested In: Elegant luxury and unique heritage décor – tasteful accommodation in the heart of Portland
View this post on Instagram
The face you make when you descend about 500 steps, expecting to see a Shipwreck due to the name of the beach. Not seeing one and realising you need to climb back up 😂 . . . . . . . . #wreckbeach #thegreatoceanroad #greatoceanroad #greatoceanroadtrip #victoriaaustralia #coupletravel #couplegoals #travelcouple #traveltogether #creativetravelcouples #coupleswhotravel #travelwithlove #couplestravelcrew #travellustcouples #couplestory #couplesofinstagram #coupletravelgoals #traveldeeper #travelstroke #traveltheworld #igtravel #getaway #instago #travelpic #travelpics #travelingram #mytravelgram #travelphotography #aroundtheworld #australia