They say that good things come in threes, and here in Melbourne it’s definitely feeling that way! With Spring weather finally here and a few public holidays on the horizon, the Victorian State Government has relaunched its incredibly popular dining and entertainment rebate program, this time around named the Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program.
Here’s everything you need to know about using the Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program, from how to claim 25 percent of your dining and entertainment in Victoria, where to use it, and how to turn your savings into a Melbourne staycation.
What is the Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program?
The Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program launches on Monday September 19th and offers 25% back when you spend $40 or more on dining and entertainment across Victoria (conditions apply).
What suburbs does the Victorian Dining and Entertainment rebate apply to?
The rebate can be claimed anywhere within Victoria, including all of Melbourne.
How do I claim the rebate?
To claim your rebate, simply take a photo of your receipt (ensuring it’s itemised, shows the date of purchase and the businesses ABN), head to the Victorian dining and Entertainment website, and upload your claim. Rebates are paid within 5 business days back into your account, up to a total value of $125!
Where should I use the Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program Rebate?
With literally hundreds of incredible cafes, restaurants and bars participating in the Victorian Dining and Entertainment Program, the hardest part will definitely be choosing where to wine and dine.
Here are some of the most exciting cafes, restaurants and dining experiences in the City of Melbourne, with something for everyone, depending on what you’re in the mood for.
- Yum Cha at Secret Kitchen, located on Exhibition St, Melbourne.
- ShanDong Mama, a tiny and often very busy Chinese restaurant hidden away in an arcade in Chinatown. ShanDong Mama specialises in homemade dumplings made of veggies, seafood and meat, with many vegan options available.
- Balinese dining at Warang Agus, a family run business since opening in 1989.
- Seasonal farm-to-table eating at Naughtons Hotel, a 150 year old pub with a focus on local produce, quality drinks, and warm hospitality.
- Everyones favourite, the Carlton Wine Room, specialising in food that tastes good with fine wine.
- Kaprica, located on Grattan Street, well known and loved by locals for it’s incredible pizzas and heavenly Italian desserts.
- Noisette French bakery, the perfect cafe setting to enjoy fine French cakes and pastries without joining the long queues at the cafe’s South Melbourne Market stall each weekend.
- Udom House, a West Melbourne institution known for Thai coffee, Thai pies, Thai toast, and exquisite Thai desserts.
Feel like a night away from home?
Turn your savings into a staycation and take some time out in the City of Melbourne with 10% off a city staycation when you book direct with Choice Hotels.
Take advantage of the Victorian Dining and Entertainment rebate, forget the Uber home, and stay-in in the CBD with Choice Hotels – Simply sign up to Choice Privileges to enjoy the lowest price guarantee*.
Choice Hotels properties in the City of Melbourne include Clarion Suites Gateway, a stylish, full service and all-suite Melbourne CBD hotel located on the banks of the Yarra River, and Comfort Hotel East Melbourne, a chic establishment in leafy East Melbourne, a short walk to the Melbourne CBD alongside trendy Collingwood and flavourful Richmond.
In neighbouring Fitzroy, Comfort Apartments Royal Gardens offers spacious 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments a stones throw from the boutique stores of Gertrude St, Fitzroy, and hustle and bustle of Brunswick Road, with its late night bars, courtyard pubs and award-winning cafes and bakeries.
If you’re not already a Choice Privileges member, sign up for free today to get instant access to the lowest price guarantee.* (*T&Cs apply).