They say that good things come in threes, and here in Melbourne it’s definitely feeling that way! With the easing of months of lockdown restrictions and reopening of hospitality venues, the City of Melbourne has relaunched its incredibly popular restaurant rebate program, this time around named Midweek Melbourne Money.
Here’s everything you need to know about using Midweek Melbourne Money for a mid-week staycation, from how to claim 30 percent of your meal in the city during the week, where to use it, and how to turn your savings into a mid-week staycation.
What is the Midweek Melbourne Money rebate?
Midweek Melbourne Money launches on November 15th and offers 30% back on your bill when you spend between $50 and $500 at a bar, cafe or restaurant in the City of Melbourne between Monday and Thursday, up to the value of $150.
What suburbs does the Midweek Melbourne Money rebate apply to?
The rebate can be claimed anywhere within the City of Melbourne Council. This means you can save 30% on any meal at a cafe, bar or restaurant in the following suburbs:
- Melbourne CBD
- North Melbourne
- West Melbourne
- South Wharf
- East Melbourne
- South Yarra
How do I claim the rebate?
To claim your rebate, simply take a photo of your receipt (ensuring it’s itemised, shows the date of purchase and the businesses ABN), head to the Midweek Melbourne Money website, and upload your claim. Rebates are paid within 5 business days back into your account, just in time for another mid-week meal in Melbourne!
Where should I use the Midweek Melbourne Money rebate?
With literally hundreds of incredible cafes, restaurants and bars participating in the Midweek Melbourne Money scheme, the hardest part will definitely be choosing where to wine and dine.
Here are some of the most exciting cafes, restaurants and dining experiences in the City of Melbourne, with something for everyone, depending on what you’re in the mood for.
- Yum Cha at Secret Kitchen, located on Exhibition St, Melbourne.
- ShanDong Mama, a tiny and often very busy Chinese restaurant hidden away in an arcade in Chinatown. ShanDong Mama specialises in homemade dumplings made of veggies, seafood and meat, with many vegan options available.
- Balinese dining at Warang Agus, a family run business since opening in 1989.
- Seasonal farm-to-table eating at Naughtons Hotel, a 150 year old pub with a focus on local produce, quality drinks, and warm hospitality.
- Everyones favourite, the Carlton Wine Room, specialising in food that tastes good with fine wine.
- Kaprica, located on Grattan Street, well known and loved by locals for it’s incredible pizzas and heavenly Italian desserts.
- Noisette French bakery, the perfect cafe setting to enjoy fine French cakes and pastries without joining the long queues at the cafe’s South Melbourne Market stall each weekend.
- Udom House, a West Melbourne institution known for Thai coffee, Thai pies, Thai toast, and exquisite Thai desserts.
Feel like a night away from home?
Turn your savings into a staycation and take some time out before the silly season kicks in with 25% off a city staycation when you book a two night break direct with Choice Hotels.
Take advantage of the Midweek Melbourne Money rebate, forget the Uber home, and stay-in in the CBD with Choice Hotels exclusive offer on city staycations between 10th November and 30th December, 2021.
Participating properties in the City of Melbourne include Clarion Suites Gateway, a stylish, full service and all-suite Melbourne CBD hotel located on the banks of the Yarra River, and Comfort Hotel East Melbourne, a chic establishment in leafy East Melbourne, a short walk to the Melbourne CBD alongside trendy Collingwood and flavourful Richmond.
In neighbouring Fitzroy, Comfort Apartments Royal Gardens offers spacious 2, 3 and 4 bedroom apartments a stones throw from the boutique stores of Gertrude St, Fitzroy, and hustle and bustle of Brunswick Road, with its late night bars, courtyard pubs and award-winning cafes and bakeries.
If you’re not already a Choice Privileges member, sign up for free today to get instant access to this limited time offer.